I love to sew, mainly quilts and bags. I am 66, married to Fred and have one son, Matthew, who is 27. I enjoy embroidery and applique and prefer to machine piece and quilt my projects. I love my vintage Singer sewing machines especially my Featherweight 222K. I’m enjoying treadling on my 201K Singer and I collect Miniature Sewing Machines and currently have three Essex , one Singer 20, one Singer 40, two Vulcan Miniatures and my latest, a Grain. My love of sewing I believe comes from my Grandmother - I still have the drawings she made for me to embroider on tea towels many many years ago!

Saturday 12 November 2016

A NEW SIGGY BLOCK FOR MY COLLECTION



THANK YOU RIEK HENDRIKS

Hello !

I had a lovely surprise envelope in my letterbox this week.... a lovely Siggy Block from Riek Hendriks from the Netherlands.  Thank you Riek, your block is a lovely addition to my collection.

So what is new in Aunty Henny's world?    I guess the most exciting thing is my new HQ Sweet Sixteen quilting machine and table.  I purchased it at the recent Craft Show and just had it delivered this past week.

Unfortunately I am unable to have a play with my new machine as I have a slight fracture in my left wrist and I'm wearing a splint but maybe one more week will see the splint off and then I can sew!

I had finished most of my Christmas sewing prior to hurting the wrist.  Our local Spotlight had a new range of Aussie Xmas fabrics in stock so I did up a few items....

Yes, sewing with a splint!! 




I have been working away on the hand sewing for a Car Quilt to add to my ODIBAG stash (One day I'll be a grandmother) :-)   The fractured wrist did hold me back for a week or two but I'm back at it now.  

ODIBAG Car Quilt

I spent a few days in September school holidays with my Nieces, Sister, Great Nieces and Nephews.  We booked two units at Bribie Island so we could also visit with my Sister Sue.  We had a fantastic week.  I made a treasure collecting bag for the little ones to take to the beach ...


NOTHING FANCY BUT THE KIDS LOVED IT

Our little Maisy found a bag she desperately wanted in a toy shop but I told her I would make her a special bag.  I asked what fabric should I use and the answer was..... Unicorns, princesses and rainbows.... we promptly went online and found the fabric, ordered it there and then and it arrived the day I returned home from the little holiday.  I made a Ballerina Bag which was very well received.

Front of Ballerina Bag for Maisy

and the back.

Two of my Nieces were in Melbourne recently and found a little gift for me.....  thanks girls, I love it!

I already had the little tricket box on the left... now I have a cute little treadle!

Many moons ago I did the embroidery on these Elephant blocks.  They've been sitting in a box just waiting for the day to be made into a quilt.  Well, that day finally came and I'm really happy with how it turned out.  I have it all ready to quilt on my new machine :-)
ELEPHANT QUILT



FOUND THE PERFECT BACKING IN MY STASH
MY CIVIL WAR QUILT ALSO HAS ITS BORDERS, ANOTHER ONE READY TO QUILT!

Our neighbour's daughter had a new baby girl, so of course....  a little Pram quilt!  basically two fat quarters with cotton wadding in between and quilted on my Featherweight 222K.

A QUICK LITTLE PRAM QUILT FOR A NEW BABY

So as you can see, I have been sewing and keeping busy.  If only this wrist would heal quickly I would be sewing on my new Sweet Sixteen !   Oh well, not too long now!

Happy Sewing!!
Cheers from Helen








2 comments :

  1. I hope that wrist heals quickly so you can get to the new machine. Love those little princess bags. The elephant quilt and you newest siggy are so pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness, I'm exhausted! So much eye candy, and all so exciting! XO

    ReplyDelete