I love to sew, mainly quilts and bags. I am 66, married to Fred and have one son, Matthew, who is 27. I enjoy embroidery and applique and prefer to machine piece and quilt my projects. I love my vintage Singer sewing machines especially my Featherweight 222K. I’m enjoying treadling on my 201K Singer and I collect Miniature Sewing Machines and currently have three Essex , one Singer 20, one Singer 40, two Vulcan Miniatures and my latest, a Grain. My love of sewing I believe comes from my Grandmother - I still have the drawings she made for me to embroider on tea towels many many years ago!

Saturday 12 November 2016

PLANES, TRAINS...... AND AUTOMOBILES !

IN PREPARING MY MOST RECENT BLOG POST I FOUND THIS POST THAT I HAD FORGOTTEN TO PUBLISH!!!   SO HERE IS ANOTHER CATCH UP, IT WAS ORIGINALLY PREPARED AUGUST 1ST.  OH WELL, BETTER LATE THAN NEVER.......

Hello!

August 1st already !   I've been working on a lot of different projects since my Post last month.  My sewing room is becoming quite crowded with each of my machines busy with something :-)  

I've also added to my machine collection with a gorgeous Miniature Sewing Machine by Essex.





New tee shirt for Amos 
and of course ..... one for Maisy



I joined along with the rest of the crowd..... Garlic Knot block,.......Bonnie Hunter started it!!! and now we're all making them !

I turned my Garlic Knot block in to a mini hanger - I've had the table stand for years!


and here's the back.... I keep thinking I have used up every last scrap of the sewing themed fabrics!
Reading Pillow for a little friend - he loves Ninja Turtles !





A new addition to my sewing corner..... a gorgeous Miniature Sewing Machine by Essex

Isn't she just the cutest thing?!?!

A vintage doily tote bag for a gift

Inside the tote bag.... retro '50s fabric

Apart from the hand stitching between the carriages, the train row is now done!  This is my machine blanket stitch project, I'm now working on the "by air" row.

Car quilt, gifted to our neighbour's grandson

My "Boats on the Open Sea" quilt for my ODIBAG stash
(one day I'll be a Grandmother)

I love making this quilt!


Pinwheel blocks, made a very weird way! for the "By Air, By Rail, By Sea" quilt
place two squares together, sew all the way around using 1/4" seam and then cut apart on both diagonals which gives you four HST's to make the pinwheel units.

Puppy Dog tee shirt

The "By Air" row all ironed on ready to stitch

Pillow Bed - this was fun to make!

Great for watching tele or reading

Cheers!

2 comments :

  1. Wow....so much quilty fun going on there. You've done such a nice job on all of your projects.

    I love that new little sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Mary I agre you have been very busy. I see you pop up on FB but you can really see how much you achieved on your post.

    ReplyDelete