I love to sew, mainly quilts and bags. I am 66, married to Fred and have one son, Matthew, who is 27. I enjoy embroidery and applique and prefer to machine piece and quilt my projects. I love my vintage Singer sewing machines especially my Featherweight 222K. I’m enjoying treadling on my 201K Singer and I collect Miniature Sewing Machines and currently have three Essex , one Singer 20, one Singer 40, two Vulcan Miniatures and my latest, a Grain. My love of sewing I believe comes from my Grandmother - I still have the drawings she made for me to embroider on tea towels many many years ago!

Sunday 5 September 2010

TEDDY BEAR TEDDY BEAR TURN AROUND!



Remember my teddies I appliqued AGES ago? Well, I made the pieced blocks for the quilt today - the original pattern used 16 patch blocks, but I wanted to use just what I had and liked the look of the 4 patch! This is the first set of teddies, I have another set of 4 to make into a top as well! I have to make the sashing pieces yet, then the borders.


I made another doll! Figured I might as well work on two at the same time!! This one will be a spare to have on hand when I need a gift in a hurry! Of course, she hasn't got her stuffing as yet - I'm in the middle of filling the other doll at present (it's a long, tedious job!!) - a good job to do when watching tele!

At long last the RAIN has come - all day I've been waiting!!! NOW it comes! It's 8:30pm!! Oh well, lovely to go to sleep listening to the rain! and as you can see, I DID get some sewing done today!!

Gotta go...... Midsomer Murders is on tonight ----- ALL NEW EPISODES!!

Happy sewing!

11 comments :

  1. That's a gorgeous quilt. I have made one like that too. Like what you have done with this one.
    Your second dolly is also cute. What to see them when they are fat please. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the teddy bear blocks. Really gorgeous. The dolly looks good too. I know a little 4 year in my household that shouldn’t see this post or she might ask me to make her one too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Teddys are very cute. The 4 patch is the right choice. Love the dolly too. I pulled out a long eared doggy pattern I've had for years thinking I need to make it after I saw your dolly last post. We don't have Midsomer murders. But there are several I have become hooked on lately. Boy do I need to get my TV working in my sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teddy bear, teddy bear touch the ground....looks like you are off and running with it now. It is adorable. Doesn't it feel good to complete a project that has been in the works for some time.

    Love the doll too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This teddy bear quilt will be super. One of my next quilts must be making teddies!!
    And yes,I have 2 episodes of Midsomer Murders that I haven`t seen,great had almost forgotten.
    Happy Quilting to you:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh...your quilt is adorable....

    Love those dolls...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Helen, this is great. I love the squaures and it looks just adorable. Steph

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh those teddies are cute-ness personified. That quilt is going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous kids quilt that is going to be

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love to applique Teddy's...must be still a kid at heart...haha
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the four patch and Teddies quilt. The polka dots make it really fun.

    ReplyDelete