I love to sew, mainly quilts and bags. I am 66, married to Fred and have one son, Matthew, who is 27. I enjoy embroidery and applique and prefer to machine piece and quilt my projects. I love my vintage Singer sewing machines especially my Featherweight 222K. I’m enjoying treadling on my 201K Singer and I collect Miniature Sewing Machines and currently have three Essex , one Singer 20, one Singer 40, two Vulcan Miniatures and my latest, a Grain. My love of sewing I believe comes from my Grandmother - I still have the drawings she made for me to embroider on tea towels many many years ago!

Thursday 1 April 2010

AND AWAY WE GO.......

We have just returned home from a short break at the Gold Coast. The weather was lovely, we went swimming every morning and took long walks on the beach. I managed a little hand sewing when we went out for coffee (nothing unusual there!!) but basically just relaxed - very nice!!

My friends and I went to a Craft Show last week. As usual, many dollars were spent by yours truly but as I always say "I don't drink (much) and don't go out with wild men (married one)" so I'm allowed this one extravagance! Nothing too exciting to report, but I did buy a new ruler (I'm the ruler queen!!) - this one is for large tumblers - it's called FAT CATS by Darlene Zimmerman.


We have just received news from our friends that a new baby girl has come into their world, so I will have to get a wriggle on with the brights baby quilt. I have had this in the "to do" box for quite some time and now suddenly the little baby is here!! I'm using the Wonder-Cut Ruler to make the HST's so hopefully the quilt will go together quickly.

Happy Sewing AND H A P P Y E A S T E R !!!!

6 comments :

  1. Glad you enjoyed The Coast. Can't wait to see the results of the Bright Baby Quilt. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Gold Coast would have been great. Lucky you. I also bought the FAT CATS ruler at the Sydney Craft Expo a few weeks ago. I haven't had a chance to use it yet but it looks great. I have also just ordered a Wonder-cut Ruler - I haven't received it yet but I wanted to make a pinwheel quilt for our friends daughter and I am hoping it is as easy as the YouTube video shows it to be. Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are off to the coast this afternoon. I am not even taking any sewing. I have lots of cleaning to do after the long winter. I use a tool to cut HSTs too. I am not sure it is the wonder ruler but it really makes it much easier. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your vacation sounds wonderful. Can't wait to see what you do with the new ruler. Babies love bright quilts. Looking forward to seeing that too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad that you had such a nice time away and got a little shopping in as well.

    I don't think that I have ever met a ruler that I didn't love!!!!

    The Brights quilt will be gorgeous. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great vacation, and i will have to look up the ruler and see what it is all about.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete