I love to sew, mainly quilts and bags. I am 66, married to Fred and have one son, Matthew, who is 27. I enjoy embroidery and applique and prefer to machine piece and quilt my projects. I love my vintage Singer sewing machines especially my Featherweight 222K. I’m enjoying treadling on my 201K Singer and I collect Miniature Sewing Machines and currently have three Essex , one Singer 20, one Singer 40, two Vulcan Miniatures and my latest, a Grain. My love of sewing I believe comes from my Grandmother - I still have the drawings she made for me to embroider on tea towels many many years ago!

Wednesday 13 January 2010

A QUILT TRUE TO ITS NAME!!!


I mentioned in my last post about the quilt top I found, here's a pic..... it's a disappearing 9-patch (good name - as it really did disappear!! :-) I think I have a crazy border pieced somewhere in amongst all of my fabric, so will have to find that and get this one finished! I remember making this one..... I just picked up all of my charm squares and started piecing, it was great fun. I'm going to make another one of these with some fabrics from a Fabric Club I belong to. The pieces I receive are around 10" square so I'll cut them 9" square and join 9 of those, then do the cutting and piecing just like the disappearing 9-patch.

Two more lovely Siggy blocks in the mail today! Thank you Rosa and Andrea. I now have enough Siggies to make my first wall-hanging for the sewing room. I'll keep collecting as I really enjoy being part of this swap and I have "met" lovely people. I go to Google Map and have a look at where they live - it's very interesting as many of them are from Europe .. so different to Australia!

Today was much cooler and I managed quite a lot of work in the clean-up department. I found more of the Decor boxes a lot cheaper at Woolworths so I now have enough to "file" everything! I usually hang my finished quilt tops in the sewing room cupboard, but it doesn't hold too many so I might keep my eye out for a large square box to keep them in.

Happy Sewing!

2 comments :

  1. Isn't it fun to find an almost-finished-quilt hiding in your sewing room. Now to find the border. Happy hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Helen, for your encouraging comment.

    I think I´ll go for a disappearing 9 patch as soon as I get my mat and rotary cutter! Hope I can get it soon.

    Don´t let yours get lost again. Get it finished and let us all see it!

    ReplyDelete