I love to sew, mainly quilts and bags. I am 66, married to Fred and have one son, Matthew, who is 27. I enjoy embroidery and applique and prefer to machine piece and quilt my projects. I love my vintage Singer sewing machines especially my Featherweight 222K. I’m enjoying treadling on my 201K Singer and I collect Miniature Sewing Machines and currently have three Essex , one Singer 20, one Singer 40, two Vulcan Miniatures and my latest, a Grain. My love of sewing I believe comes from my Grandmother - I still have the drawings she made for me to embroider on tea towels many many years ago!

Thursday 5 November 2009

IN FLANDERS' FIELDS...



Hi everyone!

The Poppy Quilt is ready to be backed and quilted - I think it's turned out o.k. I will go out tomorrow and purchase the backing and hopefully will have it all finished over this coming weekend. I'll post a photo of the finished quilt with label once it's all done. The presentation to the RSL will be on Remembrance Day, November 11th.

Nothing else accomplished this week - I did however go to the Gym twice! Feeling much better for it I must say. Brisbane has been hit with terribly hot weather the past couple of days, therefore sewing was the last thing anyone felt like doing. We have been promised a storm today and tomorrow so that will cool us all down!

A few posts ago I mentioned the wildlife we get on our hill. We seem to have our own Water Dragon as a permanent resident! He just loves our water fountain and the brass figurines which adorn it!! He's not the only Water Dragon either, as I have spotted a smaller one - not sure if it is a baby of the larger one, or perhaps a female! I guess if we find lots of little water dragons soon, we will know!!!



Happy Sewing!

3 comments :

  1. I think I told you before but I am in love with that poppy fabric. I don't usually like florals but that really speaks to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly Helen, I go to the other side of the country for a few days & you just go mad. As usual everything is looking great. Sorry I won't get to see the completed poppy quilt before it's presented but the part I did see was great (not unexpected from you of course). Looking forward to seeing the Christmas & beach works on Friday.

    ReplyDelete