I love to sew, mainly quilts and bags. I am 66, married to Fred and have one son, Matthew, who is 27. I enjoy embroidery and applique and prefer to machine piece and quilt my projects. I love my vintage Singer sewing machines especially my Featherweight 222K. I’m enjoying treadling on my 201K Singer and I collect Miniature Sewing Machines and currently have three Essex , one Singer 20, one Singer 40, two Vulcan Miniatures and my latest, a Grain. My love of sewing I believe comes from my Grandmother - I still have the drawings she made for me to embroider on tea towels many many years ago!

Saturday 22 August 2020

FARM QUILT AND CHRISTMAS SEWING

SPARE FARM QUILT

QUILTED ON MY BROTHER PQ1500
ATTACHING THE BINDING

TOOL BELT WITH TEE SHIRT
The rocket ship tee shirt I stitched last week went very smoothly but sadly the stitching this week went a bit crazy ...  I stitched the tools on the orange shirt first then started on the blue shirt. Different thread. I had so many issues with skipped stitches !  I tried all the tricks I know of but still the skipping occurred. 
In the end I just went around twice and left it at that. I then wrote to Sulky about this issue... the Sticky Fabri-Solvy is a Sulky product ....  It’s obviously a sticky needle issue but I use extremely good needles made for working on adhesive product but the Sticky Fabri-Solvy is a pressure sensitive product, you don’t actually iron it down.  Sulky advised that you can iron it down and that might stop the sticky residue issue.... I’ll try that next one I do.  
I MADE TWO TOOL BELTS WITH TEE SHIRT


BLANKET STITCHING ON MY BROTHER INNOVIS 1800

Another Christmas gift made... chalkboard roll.  These are very easy to sew.  I use a tutorial that unfortunately is no longer available but if you google chalkboard rolls you will find quite a few patterns and tutorials.  This tutorial here is similar to the version I make but I don’t add pockets. 





 

I’m still struggling with my sore back so not so much sewing the last few days.  

Cheers!
Helen

1 comment :

  1. Such a nonsense when you have stitching problems but your finished Tees look great ..I've make many chalk board rolls since first seeing yours but I do attach pocket....
    Great gifts to add to your box...

    ReplyDelete