I love to sew, mainly quilts and bags. I am 66, married to Fred and have one son, Matthew, who is 27. I enjoy embroidery and applique and prefer to machine piece and quilt my projects. I love my vintage Singer sewing machines especially my Featherweight 222K. I’m enjoying treadling on my 201K Singer and I collect Miniature Sewing Machines and currently have three Essex , one Singer 20, one Singer 40, two Vulcan Miniatures and my latest, a Grain. My love of sewing I believe comes from my Grandmother - I still have the drawings she made for me to embroider on tea towels many many years ago!

Saturday 30 May 2020

STAYING AT HOME... AND LOVING IT

Hello!

Well here we are at the end of May... how did that happen?

The sewing marathon continues.....

I’ve delivered two quilts... first the Civil War STASHBUSTER ....

PIECED ON MY 201K TREADLE, QUILTED ON MY SWEET SIXTEEN

The backing was a floral piece I must have bought years ago ... use it up, use it up!

CIVIL WAR STASHBUSTER
GIFTED TO MY BROTHER ROBERT

Our beautiful Scarlett has received her Farm Quilt ...  I’ve lost count of how many versions I have made of this quilt.  The Pattern is Farmyard Friends by Ella and Skysie but it appears to be discontinued. 


FARM QUILT FOR SCARLETT

THE BACK OF THE FARM QUILT

I’m treadling my days away.... I really enjoy treadling!   I’ve completed piecing a stash of log cabin blocks, two more STASHBUSTER quilts and now making string blocks. I use a 6-1/2” square of phone book paper to make my string blocks.

ANOTHER STASHBUSTER .. ALL CUT ON MY GO CUTTER

THIS I SPY  STASHBUSTER IS VERY BRIGHT! 

STRING BLOCKS

A GIRLY STASHBUSTER TO GO WITH THE I SPY ONE

TREADLED THE I SPY STASHBUSTER
A STASH OF LOG CABIN BLOCKS



 
 LOG CABIN BLOCK - I START WITH A 2-1/2” SQUARE THEN ADD MY STRIPS, TRIMMING AS I GO
STRING BLOCKS
NO PLAN FOR THESE..... PERHAPS ANOTHER TABLE RUNNER!

Hubby and I have been going out for our coffee but that’s all we are doing.... not venturing too far. Although we could go out for a meal now, we are reluctant to do so  We do get a take-away each week though.  I’m still to go to the hairdressers and will be booking that appointment soon. My nails are desperate for a manicure but I’m holding out as long as I can.    I did go fabric shopping recently😀. I was gifted a gift voucher for Peppermint Stitches, my LQS. They take appointments so I booked a half hour last Saturday.  Managed to spend the voucher plus some!  

No comments :

Post a Comment