I love to sew, mainly quilts and bags. I am 66, married to Fred and have one son, Matthew, who is 27. I enjoy embroidery and applique and prefer to machine piece and quilt my projects. I love my vintage Singer sewing machines especially my Featherweight 222K. I’m enjoying treadling on my 201K Singer and I collect Miniature Sewing Machines and currently have three Essex , one Singer 20, one Singer 40, two Vulcan Miniatures and my latest, a Grain. My love of sewing I believe comes from my Grandmother - I still have the drawings she made for me to embroider on tea towels many many years ago!

Wednesday 21 December 2016

LAST CHRISTMAS SEWING

Each year my sister sets a challenge for me in regards to how she will be decorating for the Christmas lunch. This year it's "WHITE WITH A TOUCH OF PEARL"

I always gift some type of bowl which holds the chocolates and lollies I give my BIL. I found a beautiful bowl/platter ...

 

I then decided to make a fabric box- found a lovely fabric at a LQS. .....

 

In my stash of buttons I had some little pearls that my Mum used to sew onto wedding horseshoes.....

 

I think the box has turned out okay🙂


So that's the last of my Christmas sewing 😀

Cheers from Helen

2 comments :

  1. Very clever, Helen! But I'm not surprised! You always rise up to meet a challenge! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Xmas Helen.xx

    ReplyDelete