I love to sew, mainly quilts and bags. I am 66, married to Fred and have one son, Matthew, who is 27. I enjoy embroidery and applique and prefer to machine piece and quilt my projects. I love my vintage Singer sewing machines especially my Featherweight 222K. I’m enjoying treadling on my 201K Singer and I collect Miniature Sewing Machines and currently have three Essex , one Singer 20, one Singer 40, two Vulcan Miniatures and my latest, a Grain. My love of sewing I believe comes from my Grandmother - I still have the drawings she made for me to embroider on tea towels many many years ago!

Sunday 5 June 2016

SEWING AND SEWING AND SEWING



Farm Quilt for our neighbour's granddaughter

Hello!

Thought I would do a catch up on my sewing of late.....  let's start with the Mothers Day Sales Table sewing I did for my Craft Group.....
Market Bag 


Sewing Project Bag ?  knitting bag?
Vintage Doily Bag
another Vintage Doily Bag

Bookmarks made using the Double Diamond Ruler

Keyring

Sewing Station

Sewing Station

Sewing Station

Pin Cushion

Infinity Scarves

Needle Books

Inside the needle books

List Taker

Inside List Taker

Magnetic Needle Minders


Other sewing.....   I've had heaps of fun making Majestic Mountain blocks using recycled mens shirts from the Op Shop...  these are such fun to make!   Check out Bonnie Hunter's free pattern here

My Leaders and Enders project... tumbler blocks using the mens op shop shirts!

Another Majestic Mountain block

and another

Another Bonnie Hunter inspired project...  string piecing on phone book papers!  I'm using
Selvedges

One days work!

You can't stop once you start making these!!

Up to the pinning and quilting of my Boats quilt... this one is for my
ODIBAG stash (one day I'll be a Grandmother)  

My new bag!!  naturally made with my selvedge string blocks!
Submarine tee shirt for Amos

My latest hand sewing project ..  little planes on winter tee shirt



Cupcake bag for Maisy
Popsicle Posies quilt, still working on this one

Flea Market Boxes - up to quilting this one
I'm sure I've missed a few things, but you get the idea!  lots of sewing going on at Aunty Henny's.

Happy Sewing!
Cheers from Helen

2 comments :