I love to sew, mainly quilts and bags. I am 66, married to Fred and have one son, Matthew, who is 27. I enjoy embroidery and applique and prefer to machine piece and quilt my projects. I love my vintage Singer sewing machines especially my Featherweight 222K. I’m enjoying treadling on my 201K Singer and I collect Miniature Sewing Machines and currently have three Essex , one Singer 20, one Singer 40, two Vulcan Miniatures and my latest, a Grain. My love of sewing I believe comes from my Grandmother - I still have the drawings she made for me to embroider on tea towels many many years ago!

Tuesday 19 January 2016

THIS AND THAT

Hello!

Although I should have been working on the Farm Quilt, I found myself working on other things...  a little bit of this and that.

Some time ago I did the blanket stitch on some butterfly appliqué blocks I had made using the leftover scraps from my sister's Kitty quilt.


I have seven butterflies so I'm using a layout similar to this quilt.

Pinwheel blocks using the scraps from the Farm Quilt

Love my June Tailor Perfect Half Square and Quarter Square ruler

A new ruler !  The Fussy Cut Ruler by Quilt in a Day

Cutting the Half Square triangle pieces using the Easy Angle

I now have all the pinwheel blocks made and I have cut pink and green flower blocks but I just need one more colour..... yellow I think!  sadly no yellow in my stash to suit this quilt so I'll check out my LQS tomorrow.

The red civil war fabric I ordered has arrived so now I can attach the first border to my Civil War Quilt.   I have visitors arriving this weekend so I won't get too much sewing done for the next two weeks.  

Happy Sewing!!
Cheers from Helen 


1 comment :

  1. The butterflies are going to make such a nice quilt.

    Enjoy your guests.

    ReplyDelete