I love to sew, mainly quilts and bags. I am 66, married to Fred and have one son, Matthew, who is 27. I enjoy embroidery and applique and prefer to machine piece and quilt my projects. I love my vintage Singer sewing machines especially my Featherweight 222K. I’m enjoying treadling on my 201K Singer and I collect Miniature Sewing Machines and currently have three Essex , one Singer 20, one Singer 40, two Vulcan Miniatures and my latest, a Grain. My love of sewing I believe comes from my Grandmother - I still have the drawings she made for me to embroider on tea towels many many years ago!

Wednesday 18 February 2015

VACATION TIME

Block of the Month that is!   Pat Sloan has a new BOM called "Vacation Time".  I am using the same fabrics that I used for Delightful Stars quilt along as I didn't finish off the remaining blocks to be sewn for that one.  The blocks from Vacation Time will fit it nicely and I should get some sort of quilt top out of it all by the end of the BOM.  I will just keep sewing the BOM until I have enough for the quilt top.  Other blocks can become cushions or something.

I'm sewing these blocks on my Featherweight 222K.  By using the seam guide and the Perkins Dry Goods Perfect Piecing Guide, I can set a scant 1/4" seam and all of the units come out the correct size.

Happy Sewing!
Cheers from Helen









2 comments :

  1. Your blocks look great! Good to hear you are having fun (and success) with the Featherweight!

    ReplyDelete