I love to sew, mainly quilts and bags. I am 66, married to Fred and have one son, Matthew, who is 27. I enjoy embroidery and applique and prefer to machine piece and quilt my projects. I love my vintage Singer sewing machines especially my Featherweight 222K. I’m enjoying treadling on my 201K Singer and I collect Miniature Sewing Machines and currently have three Essex , one Singer 20, one Singer 40, two Vulcan Miniatures and my latest, a Grain. My love of sewing I believe comes from my Grandmother - I still have the drawings she made for me to embroider on tea towels many many years ago!

Sunday 8 February 2015

On the high seas ....,,











Although the weather is still hot and sticky I felt like some sewing today... So the ceiling fan is on full blast and I'm back working on the machine appliqué!

I purchased a wide open toe foot and it is so much better than the other foot I've been using.  I can now see very clearly where I'm stitching.

February is a busy birthday month in our family - I have just finished making the gifts for our little Maisy and Amos ....


Posting this from my iPhone so photos out of order :-(.   Chalkboard Roll for Maisy and appliqué tee-shirt for Amos.  

I used a different method for the mitred corners of the chalkboard roll - if you check out my Facebook I have linked to it but from my phone it's a bit tricky!

I will add to this post later and put up a proper link.

Back to the machine ......

Cheers from Helen 



No comments :

Post a Comment