I love to sew, mainly quilts and bags. I am 66, married to Fred and have one son, Matthew, who is 27. I enjoy embroidery and applique and prefer to machine piece and quilt my projects. I love my vintage Singer sewing machines especially my Featherweight 222K. I’m enjoying treadling on my 201K Singer and I collect Miniature Sewing Machines and currently have three Essex , one Singer 20, one Singer 40, two Vulcan Miniatures and my latest, a Grain. My love of sewing I believe comes from my Grandmother - I still have the drawings she made for me to embroider on tea towels many many years ago!

Sunday 17 August 2014

TAPE,PIN,SEW

Preparing the quilt top for straight line quilting around the border.... I lay down the blue painters tape pinning it down as I go, trim each corner so I can just keep sewing all the way around.  The pins are needed to hold the tape well on such long strips .  If I'm using the tape for a line of quilting with no corners to turn then I just lay the tape down as I go.

Almost done!

In using the new Dritz quilting pins I purchased recently - love them!  So fine and sharp but with the large head so I can grasp them!

Once this quilting is done I'm on to the binding :-)

The rain has gone :-(. But I'm still sewing today.

Cheers from Helen

2 comments :

  1. What a great idea using the tape to make straight lines! Thanks for sharing it! Yes there is a lot of work in making a whole quilt.

    ReplyDelete