I love to sew, mainly quilts and bags. I am 66, married to Fred and have one son, Matthew, who is 27. I enjoy embroidery and applique and prefer to machine piece and quilt my projects. I love my vintage Singer sewing machines especially my Featherweight 222K. I’m enjoying treadling on my 201K Singer and I collect Miniature Sewing Machines and currently have three Essex , one Singer 20, one Singer 40, two Vulcan Miniatures and my latest, a Grain. My love of sewing I believe comes from my Grandmother - I still have the drawings she made for me to embroider on tea towels many many years ago!

Saturday 26 July 2014

IT'S A LONG WAY AROUND A QUILT

Sewing the binding down on my "vine" quilt .... Seems to go on forever!

Warm weather so not as pleasant to be working on a quilt ... Could be rain coming- hope so !  Our hill is do dry, it looks terrible.


We are out enjoying a coffee at Kitty and the Bean..  Off home soon to sew!

Happy sewing!
Cheers from Helen

1 comment :

  1. It always seems to take so long to hand sew the binding down.

    I love your cute peekaboo quilt!

    ReplyDelete