I love to sew, mainly quilts and bags. I am 66, married to Fred and have one son, Matthew, who is 27. I enjoy embroidery and applique and prefer to machine piece and quilt my projects. I love my vintage Singer sewing machines especially my Featherweight 222K. I’m enjoying treadling on my 201K Singer and I collect Miniature Sewing Machines and currently have three Essex , one Singer 20, one Singer 40, two Vulcan Miniatures and my latest, a Grain. My love of sewing I believe comes from my Grandmother - I still have the drawings she made for me to embroider on tea towels many many years ago!

Tuesday 23 July 2013

CABINS IN THE GUM TREES.....

It's a flimsy!  at long last...... the sashing is ON!
I think it needs a border to calm it down a little.  It is a very busy quilt top!  Thank you Joy for encouraging me to make my first Log Cabin quilt!  There is hardly a scrap of Aussie fabric left in my stash (apart from what I need to make my Siggy Blocks) ...

The June Tailor ruler that is recommended for the Aiming For Accuracy quilt-along has come into stock at OzQuilts.  I have ordered one and can't wait to use it!

Tomorrow I will get back on to the blocks for the new baby quilt I'm making, see HERE.  

Happy Sewing!
Helen






7 comments :

  1. I think the cabins look terrific. What sort of border would you use on it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flimsy looks wonderful. Love the fabric. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful use of "scraps". Now you have room for more! Great quilt top! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks great. The dark sashing is perfect. I looked at the ruler. It looks like it would make life easier. I am all for helpful tools. So what if we managed without them for years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What about a border with the tan colours in it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks wonderful! Good luck with finishing!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete