I love to sew, mainly quilts and bags. I am 66, married to Fred and have one son, Matthew, who is 27. I enjoy embroidery and applique and prefer to machine piece and quilt my projects. I love my vintage Singer sewing machines especially my Featherweight 222K. I’m enjoying treadling on my 201K Singer and I collect Miniature Sewing Machines and currently have three Essex , one Singer 20, one Singer 40, two Vulcan Miniatures and my latest, a Grain. My love of sewing I believe comes from my Grandmother - I still have the drawings she made for me to embroider on tea towels many many years ago!

Friday 31 May 2013

SHOULD HAVE BROUGHT A BIGGER SUITCASE........



Little Maisy arrives in Brisbane tomorrow for a short visit....  I hope she has a big suitcase!   Here is the little parcel I have put together with the Farm Quilt ........

Three books, one soft book, a puzzle box and the farm animal bath toys!

The label -  I won't win any prizes for my rhyming!!
A close up of the stitcheries
As you can see I have had some fun putting this lot together.   Maisy might have to carry her own "carry on" case on to the plane when she returns home!

Tomorrow I will be back with my NewFo project for May, see you then!

Happy Sewing,
Helen

9 comments :

  1. Helen what a lovely gift for little Maise. A lot of thought and love have gone into her quilt.
    I love the little story. Something she can cherish forever.
    I know I think a lot about the person when I'm making them a quilt, but the stories you add are the icing on the cake.
    Well done;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable presents, I'm sure she will be happy to get them :)
    The quilt is so lovely!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful gifts for her!!! She is going to love each and every one of them. Oh well....a girl always needs a bigger suitcase anyway ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lucky is little Maisy.. sew many lovely gifts. You will have to make a carry-all for her to put them in...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous gift pile. Maisie is so lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got close-ups of both the quilt and the label. So cute. The label is perfect from describing what is going on with the animals to washing instructions.
    Lillian

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you might have to keep Maisie to make enough room for the return trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely pile of gifts... very special and I love the quilt...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, this quilt is adorable. Maise will love it. All the wonderful presents you gathered for her are so cute as well. Job well done!!

    ReplyDelete