I love to sew, mainly quilts and bags. I am 66, married to Fred and have one son, Matthew, who is 27. I enjoy embroidery and applique and prefer to machine piece and quilt my projects. I love my vintage Singer sewing machines especially my Featherweight 222K. I’m enjoying treadling on my 201K Singer and I collect Miniature Sewing Machines and currently have three Essex , one Singer 20, one Singer 40, two Vulcan Miniatures and my latest, a Grain. My love of sewing I believe comes from my Grandmother - I still have the drawings she made for me to embroider on tea towels many many years ago!

Thursday 22 December 2011

ANOTHER ANNIVERSARY ROLLS AROUND.....

Yes, December 22nd is our Wedding Anniversary.  I posted about this last year on my "MORE ABOUT ME" page.  If you scroll through that page,  you will find some wedding photos!

This year we have been married for 27 years - wow, amazing.

The past 27 years have been wonderful.  We moved overseas to Papua New Guinea almost immediately after we were married (1984), then four years later we moved to American Samoa.  We have only happy memories of both Islands and all the friends we made during our time there.   Nine years later we returned home to Brisbane, hoping to start a family.  Little Matt finally came along in 1994 and the years just flew by, first a little baby, then Kindy, Pre-School, Primary School, then onto High School and now 12 years later he is finished!

I guess our lives will be a little different from now on.  Of course, I plan to sew every day and night!!   I wish!   I'm also thinking about getting back into playing tennis - we have a court here at home, so no excuses!

We will celebrate our Anniversary with a coffee out (as per usual) and will cut into the Christmas cake my sister made for us (my sis makes the BEST cakes) - it always reminds us of our wedding day, as my sister made the wedding cake and my sister-in-law helped with the cake decorating - it was a beautiful cake.

On the sewing front....... I have made myself a new bag and tee-shirt for Xmas Day...  will post with pics later...

Happy Sewing!!


Helen

6 comments :

  1. Well most importantly... HaPPy AnniVerSarY to you both! Congras on making 27 years... that's really good nowadays haha! Seriously.. I hope you have a wonderful day!
    Look forward to seeing what you've sewn too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats....you sure have had a fun adventure in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary. What a lovely life. Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! 27 years! Happy anniversary and I wish you many-many years of happy life together :)

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful cake. Happy 27th.

    ReplyDelete