I love to sew, mainly quilts and bags. I am 66, married to Fred and have one son, Matthew, who is 27. I enjoy embroidery and applique and prefer to machine piece and quilt my projects. I love my vintage Singer sewing machines especially my Featherweight 222K. I’m enjoying treadling on my 201K Singer and I collect Miniature Sewing Machines and currently have three Essex , one Singer 20, one Singer 40, two Vulcan Miniatures and my latest, a Grain. My love of sewing I believe comes from my Grandmother - I still have the drawings she made for me to embroider on tea towels many many years ago!

Monday 19 December 2011

... AND A FEW MORE CHRISTMAS FINISHES......

Yes, I've been doing some more sewing.......   just had to make Chloe a new Christmas outfit too (I was meant to make these shorts, as there was JUST enough fabric leftover from making Bridget's pair).. the shirt is from BigW, lovely quality.

Chloe's new Christmas outfit

close up of the little tree, fusible applique with hand
blanket stitch.

Market Bag for Mahala
Quite some time ago, I made a Market Bag for my Niece Mahala but in typical Aunty Henny fashion, never got around to mailing it to her.  So, today I made a matching List Taker.....
Quilted List-Taker for Mahala
(I had a go at doing free motion quilting around
the fabric details - not too bad for
a first attempt!)
Lovely antique button I found in my stash!

I even attempted to write her name!

Inside the list-taker

Back of List-taker - more free motion quilting.

my attempt at writing "with love" on the
back!

PATTERNS USED:   Market Bag ..   by Artsy Crafty Babe (Rebeka Lambert) .. click   HERE  for link.

                                     Quilted List-Taker ..  JCasaHandmade (Jennifer Casa) ..  click   HERE   for link.

This gift will be in the mail tomorrow!

and just in case you are new to my blog....   Bridget and Chloe are my Great-Nieces and Lachie is my Great-Nephew.  As my son Matt is only 17 going on 18 (big moan here) I have not got to the Grandmother stage just yet!  give me time!  I just hope I can see to sew by then :-))

Dare I say I will be back with yet MORE Christmas sewing?    you never know!

Happy Sewing!!

Helen

4 comments :

  1. Helen, you have done such a lot... well done with the free motion... looks great and will be loved... the Christmas shirts you have done are all lovely....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try again- my sons are nearly 10 years older than yours, and no grandchildren here either! We can only hope, hey? Good for you trying to FMQ! Pretty presents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh don't you be wishing to be a Grandma!!
    Great gifts as always x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done with your FMQ - I am still terrified of it!
    Have a lovely Christmas, Helen :)

    ReplyDelete