Here is the second Brights Baby Quilt I'm making for our friends little grandson. My aim was to use up all of the bright fabrics leftover from the first quilt! I think I have achieved that!!! There are just enough scraps to eek out a binding, I think! I will need to purchase backing fabric.. will pop out tomorrow and see what I can find!
What else have I been up to???? (apart from entering competitions I hear you ask!!!)
I've joined the SEW-A-LONG with Kelly Rachel - click on the button at the bottom r/h side of page MAKE A BAG SEW-A-LONG... here is a pic of how far I've gone (I'm way behind on this project).
SIGGIES......... I received two lovely siggy blocks this past week, thank you Mia and Beth - you can see the siggies if you click on their names up on the r/h top under INTERNATIONAL SIGGY SWAP.
WEDNESDAY WEIGH IN....... I did not post about this last week but reported a small weight loss (2 pounds) but this week I was a good girl, went to the gym and weighed myself and I'm very happy to report another loss..... almost 3 pounds!!! I must add that MH and I have been extremely good this past week - trying very hard to stay away from snacks and "heavy" food!!
So, my goal now...... X - 14.5 pounds ---- woohoo!! Thank you Stephanie and all the team - without you guys I don't think I would be reporting any loss!!! You all keep me so motivated!!
After the gym we always go for coffee and I always have my hand sewing with me but today I didn't have a thing to take ---- I've finished all the hand work on the 5 Teddies (this will be the next top I put together). Anyways... I actually have enough of all the fabrics leftover from the first five teddies that I can make another quilt top so I'll be working on getting the teddy applique pieces ironed on tonight - it's always handy to have a spare quilt on hand and the teddies are just so cute!
The machine I quilt on had to go in for service, so I still have the D9P to finish quilting. I was almost done when the machine decided it did not like the thread I was using and basically the tension went crazy and the machine needed to go to the doctor! I have it back now but wanted to keep going on the Brights quilt, so the D9P had to wait. Lesson learned ----- it appears I should have had a net over the reel of thread I was using, it was 12wt - quite thick and was twisting itself as it came off the spool which then caused it to shred itself up at the needle! I really have so many starts and stops on the D9P, but it's been a good lesson!!!
O.K. time for a glass of wine!