I love to sew, mainly quilts and bags. I am 66, married to Fred and have one son, Matthew, who is 27. I enjoy embroidery and applique and prefer to machine piece and quilt my projects. I love my vintage Singer sewing machines especially my Featherweight 222K. I’m enjoying treadling on my 201K Singer and I collect Miniature Sewing Machines and currently have three Essex , one Singer 20, one Singer 40, two Vulcan Miniatures and my latest, a Grain. My love of sewing I believe comes from my Grandmother - I still have the drawings she made for me to embroider on tea towels many many years ago!

Wednesday 2 June 2010

IT'S A WEIGHTY DECISION!

It's WEDNESDAY WEIGH IN time...... (and I always seem to have a story!).....

I didn't get to the gym today so thought I would call in at the local chemist (drug store) to weigh myself..... it went something like this..... "try this set, we THINK they're o.k." which brought my weight loss to a big fat 0 and then "this is our other set, and we've just checked our own weight and they're correct" which showed a loss of about 3Kg's!!! now I've been very good, but not THAT good!!!

So, shall we settle somewhere in the middle?????

MY GOAL X - 19.5 pounds (around 9Kg's)

May not actually get to the gym at all this week :-( MH is down with a flu thing and somehow I don't like to go unless we go together!

I have some sewing stuff to share later, so see you all then!

3 comments :

  1. Good luck with your weight loss. It is so hard. My husband had a scare with his blood sugar a couple of years ago and we changed our way of eating and started walking regularly. It made a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be discouraged I gained .20 lbs this week. Walking and working out is always a big help, but it builds muscle so the weight loss might not show up right away. We're all here to encourage and lend support. I hope this week goes well. Just popping in to visit from Stephanie's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day at a time is the best way to think of weight loss in my view! Or even better one meal at a time! Thanks for joining my blog! It's so great to see followers there. I experience dreadful trouble downloading photos because I live on campus of an independent school in Melbourne where some things are blocked. I have this thing called 'blue reef' that doesn't let me download photos over a certain size!! Needless to say I am restricted with my photo choice. Thanks again for being a follower, I've joined your blog too! SUZ

    ReplyDelete