I love to sew, mainly quilts and bags. I am 66, married to Fred and have one son, Matthew, who is 27. I enjoy embroidery and applique and prefer to machine piece and quilt my projects. I love my vintage Singer sewing machines especially my Featherweight 222K. I’m enjoying treadling on my 201K Singer and I collect Miniature Sewing Machines and currently have three Essex , one Singer 20, one Singer 40, two Vulcan Miniatures and my latest, a Grain. My love of sewing I believe comes from my Grandmother - I still have the drawings she made for me to embroider on tea towels many many years ago!

Sunday 15 November 2009

JINGLE ALL THE WAY!


CHRISTMAS WALL-HANGING - The borders are on, the back is pieced - tomorrow the quilting! Photos to come! and some new fabric - a gift from my friend Sue..... thank you Sue, it's just so cute... I can see this piece showing up in yet another quilt for my B.B.

Happy Sewing!




3 comments :

  1. such adorable fabric! thank you for visiting my blog. you have a really nice space here - I love the rememberance quilt you made in honor of your dad. how cool that lots of people will have the opportunity to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome Helen. I'm sure B.B. is in desperate need of another quilt. Sadly with the temperatures as high as they are at the moment I'm struggling to do any stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that little fabric! It reminds me of reading bedtime stories to my babies that are now adults! Can't wait to see the pictures.

    ReplyDelete