I love to sew, mainly quilts and bags. I am 66, married to Fred and have one son, Matthew, who is 27. I enjoy embroidery and applique and prefer to machine piece and quilt my projects. I love my vintage Singer sewing machines especially my Featherweight 222K. I’m enjoying treadling on my 201K Singer and I collect Miniature Sewing Machines and currently have three Essex , one Singer 20, one Singer 40, two Vulcan Miniatures and my latest, a Grain. My love of sewing I believe comes from my Grandmother - I still have the drawings she made for me to embroider on tea towels many many years ago!

Monday 23 November 2009

BACK IN BUSINESS!

Thanks to a sewing machine fix-it man, I'm back quilting! It turned out to be just a little pin which had come out (I was sewing VERY fast!) and would you believe it..... I found it in the quilt!

I've decided to send my Siggy swap friends a Christmas Siggy, here is the first one I have sent.


My Holly Jolly Christmas Wallhanging is now almost 100% complete.... just need to dig into my stash of buttons and sew a few around the border (this will cover up a few glitches in my quilting!) I used two different fabrics for the binding..... they were all I had left!! I will put a label on it, will do that through the week. It's hard to pick it, but there is a hanging sleeve at the top! I used the leftover bits from the edges after I had finished quilting it.

Back to quilting the Flea Market Boxes! Almost all the way around..... hooray :-)

Happy Sewing!








3 comments :

  1. Your Christmas wallhanging turned out so cute. I love all the fabrics you used in the borders. I'm really going to have to practice machine quilting....right now I would have to use lots and lots of buttons to cover up glitches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow 9 posts in a month, a personal best. Glad the machine is back in action. I may get around to a bit of sewing myself today as it's a bit cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Xmas Siggy block, looks great, seriously thinking about joining. You have achieved heaps lately, good on you.

    ReplyDelete