I love to sew, mainly quilts and bags. I am 66, married to Fred and have one son, Matthew, who is 27. I enjoy embroidery and applique and prefer to machine piece and quilt my projects. I love my vintage Singer sewing machines especially my Featherweight 222K. I’m enjoying treadling on my 201K Singer and I collect Miniature Sewing Machines and currently have three Essex , one Singer 20, one Singer 40, two Vulcan Miniatures and my latest, a Grain. My love of sewing I believe comes from my Grandmother - I still have the drawings she made for me to embroider on tea towels many many years ago!

Tuesday 15 June 2021

BABY GIFTS, LOG CABINS AND MONSTERS

Hello!

Let’s have a catch up….again🙂. I’ve been sewing most days.  Brisbane has had a couple of snap lock downs due to COVID-19.  Both Fred and I have had our first Covid vaccine shot.    

So let’s talk sewing………….

This baby quilt was whipped up from a leftover part of a panel, it was gifted to my lovely Butcher for his first baby. 


BABY QUILT, MADE WITH A LEFTOVER PANEL

I pieced this STASHBUSTER 2020 last year, finally got it together and quilted.  



MY 2020 STASHBUSTER

I had a play at making a bargello quilt, bought a lovely fat quarter pack from Oz Material Girls  called Lucy’s Garden.   It’s a very clever process to make this quilt, I really enjoyed it.   Click on the link …bargello…for the free tutorial.   

         
MY FIRST BARGELLO QUILT, IT’S IN LINE TO BE QUILTED NEXT


We have just enjoyed a few days down at our unit in Surfers Paradise… (click here)……beautiful weather..went in swimming every morning even though it’s Winter!  I took my Featherweight with me and pieced another Fat Quarter Slide quilt top…. Used up lots of large pieces from my stash.  🙂

  

WORKING ON ANOTHER FAT QUARTER SLIDE

I recently purchased the Creative Grids Log Cabin Trim Tool…. I’ve been having lots of fun making log cabin blocks from scraps and stash….. I used up the scraps from the Bargello quilt to make this runner….on my treadle!


LOG CABIN TABLE RUNNER…MADE ON MY 201K TREADLE


Another little monster wall hanging…. I love the monsters from Shiny Happy World   I just need to back this one and bind.  

MONSTER WALL HANGING


Quilting my Majestic Mountains quilt…..I made this quilt some years ago and I’m finally getting around to quilting it.  It’s made with repurposed men’s cotton shirts….. so soft and cuddly.   I’ve almost finished the quilting.  

QUILTING MY MAJESTIC MOUNTAINS QUILT


I made this farm quilt a while ago, recently gifted it to our neighbours new grandchild, a little boy named Fredrik🙂

FARM QUILT GIFTED TO A NEW BABY


USED UP SOME MORE DENYSE SCHMIDT FABRIC ON THE BACK OF THE RUNNER


LOVE TREADLING. 

As you probably know, I love making string blocks…. I had so much fun making this quilt….I named it Murder in Mesopotamia (Poirot) as it reminded me of a quern …the pattern is called Circle of Strings,

7


THIS IS THE OTHER MONSTER WALL HANGING I MADE LAST YEAR, NOW I NEED TO GET BOTH MONSTERS FINISHED 

MY FEATHERWEIGHT SET UP AT THE GOLD COAST

I made another log cabin wall hanging using  lots of sewing themed scraps…also had a play quilting clam shells on my sweet sixteen using ruler work…. Getting better each attempt!

SEWING WALL HANGING

Another miniature sewing machine has been added to my collection… this one is a Grain.  My friend Ged found it for me in Wales…. It’s so cute!  I haven’t had a chance to get it up and running as yet but I’ve oiled it ready.  The table with the drawer is so cute and look at the cute domed lid! 


SURFERS PARADISE BEACH LOOKING NORTH

Brisbane was fortunate to be able to see the blood moon on May 26….

not my photo…. 




Well that’s it from me…🙂.  

Cheers from Helen





















2 comments :

  1. It’s always nice to see you pop up again on your blog even though I see you busy working on Facebook….
    Lots and lots of beautiful work ….

    ReplyDelete