I love to sew, mainly quilts and bags. I am 66, married to Fred and have one son, Matthew, who is 27. I enjoy embroidery and applique and prefer to machine piece and quilt my projects. I love my vintage Singer sewing machines especially my Featherweight 222K. I’m enjoying treadling on my 201K Singer and I collect Miniature Sewing Machines and currently have three Essex , one Singer 20, one Singer 40, two Vulcan Miniatures and my latest, a Grain. My love of sewing I believe comes from my Grandmother - I still have the drawings she made for me to embroider on tea towels many many years ago!

Wednesday 20 September 2017

GO GO HALF HEXIES


Love this half hexagon quilt - cut on my Go Cutter
I had so much fabric that I just had to cut it up into a project
I decided to add a border of tumblers too!


This is the next one to be quilted on my Sweet Sixteen


and just because....... two new ironing board covers!



I use a lot of spray starch - on quilting projects and on vintage linens that I use around my home, so I'm pretty hard on ironing board covers - the last one I washed just disintegrated!

So by now you have probably guessed I'm trying to catch you all up with what I've been sewing lately!  I don't like to start a Blog Post with the line "sorry it's been so long since I posted....." - life gets in the way and as I have said before, I do Post to Facebook often just not to Blogger.  I wish Facebook had a share button to Blogger!

Happy Sewing!!
Cheers from Helen



No comments :

Post a Comment