I love to sew, mainly quilts and bags. I am 66, married to Fred and have one son, Matthew, who is 27. I enjoy embroidery and applique and prefer to machine piece and quilt my projects. I love my vintage Singer sewing machines especially my Featherweight 222K. I’m enjoying treadling on my 201K Singer and I collect Miniature Sewing Machines and currently have three Essex , one Singer 20, one Singer 40, two Vulcan Miniatures and my latest, a Grain. My love of sewing I believe comes from my Grandmother - I still have the drawings she made for me to embroider on tea towels many many years ago!

Monday 23 November 2015

CHRISTMAS SEWING??? NEED IDEAS???

Hello!

I started my Christmas sewing early this year and I'm all done!  I did a lot of Christmas Tree applique tee shirts for the younger members in the family and for friends children.  I have the Accuquilt Go cutter so cutting the trees was very easy.  The tee shirts were purchased at our local Target, K-Mart and the Best and Less children's store.  Some hand blanket stitch and all done!  too easy !


Another cute gift is the Reader Pillow.  The pattern is in the book Growing Up Modern but I'm sure if you google Book Pillow or Reading Pillow you might find online tutorials too.




In previous years I have made the little girls in the family a Dolly basket.  The tutorial is by Geta...  click here for link.  I didn't have anyone to make one for this time but here is a photo of the ones I made Bridget and Chloe back in 2011...


some other ideas.......


If you have little ones who love to draw and scribble....  a chalkboard roll!!  the pattern I found in a magazine and that website is no longer around but if you go HERE there is a tutorial.  It is similar to the one I make.....



Something pretty.....  the Tutu Bag by ricrac.    or some handmade shorts with matching tee!




I have made so many versions of this doll....  pattern by Red Boot Quilt Company, click here to go to website.

A mini I Spy quilt is always fun for a little one....  great to take in the car ....   idea from Make and Takes... click here.



These Quilted List Takers are always a hit with my friends...   pattern by JCasa Handmade.....click here to go to website.    The little reversible notebook is a great stocking stuffer... tutorial by Lara Cameron.. click here.  and that's a little needlebook above the notebook... so easy to make! just a rectangle with a piece of quilt wadding or felt for the needles!




I have gifted many of these Tea Wallets....   tutorial here.


Another great gift for the shoppers in your family....  The Market Bag....  ArtsyCraftyBabe.. here.


This Colouring Wallet is very popular ...   another JCasaHandmade pattern.  Here.




Pillowslips are a great way to use up large pieces of fabric...  




and who can forget Ruby rabbit in her sleeping bag??  ...  The sleeping bag pattern is by Flossieteacakes.... here   The Three Bears Sleeping Bag...



I hope you find something that you might like to make from the above lot.  I've made so many things over the years so I'll keep searching through my old Posts and let you know of anything else I think you might like !

Happy Sewing!!
Cheers from Helen

2 comments :

  1. Thanks Mary! I'm so glad to be finished early with my Xmas sewing. Now I can relax for December :-)

    ReplyDelete