I love to sew, mainly quilts and bags. I am 66, married to Fred and have one son, Matthew, who is 27. I enjoy embroidery and applique and prefer to machine piece and quilt my projects. I love my vintage Singer sewing machines especially my Featherweight 222K. I’m enjoying treadling on my 201K Singer and I collect Miniature Sewing Machines and currently have three Essex , one Singer 20, one Singer 40, two Vulcan Miniatures and my latest, a Grain. My love of sewing I believe comes from my Grandmother - I still have the drawings she made for me to embroider on tea towels many many years ago!

Monday 2 November 2015

BUILDING ANOTHER BOAT !

Another Boat Quilt that is:-)

Feeling out of sorts today so decided to do some mindless chain piecing. 

This time I am building the centre panel first and adding the borders before I do the hand blanket stitching around the boats. The pattern instructs you to do this but last time I did the borders first and then made the quilt top.  I wasn't that happy with how that worked out so this time I'm following the instructions!!

Cheers from Helen

(As I keep posting to my Facebook more than posting to my Blog, I will try to do a quick Post like this one more often! I'm Posting from my phone as that always seems to be right beside me!)

2 comments :

  1. I hope you feel better soon. Love those little boats. It will be interesting to see if it works out better with this approach.

    ReplyDelete