I love to sew, mainly quilts and bags. I am 66, married to Fred and have one son, Matthew, who is 27. I enjoy embroidery and applique and prefer to machine piece and quilt my projects. I love my vintage Singer sewing machines especially my Featherweight 222K. I’m enjoying treadling on my 201K Singer and I collect Miniature Sewing Machines and currently have three Essex , one Singer 20, one Singer 40, two Vulcan Miniatures and my latest, a Grain. My love of sewing I believe comes from my Grandmother - I still have the drawings she made for me to embroider on tea towels many many years ago!

Wednesday 10 September 2014

Featherweight sewing....and loving it!


The Featherweight Portable Thread Stand arrived from April 1930's Sewing Shop, it 's great!  Makes sewing with cross wound thread so much easier and filling a bobbin works perfectly with this stand - I used to hold the thread up high coming off the spool to wind a bobbin, now the stand does that for me!

I am making more Market Bags still using up the lovely vintage sheets and curtains.

Beautiful day here, will head off to the gym soon and then have an afternoon coffee for a change!  I have the feelers traced on to the butterflies, ready to stitch today.

Cheers from Helen

5 comments :

  1. The thread stand is such a great idea for the Featherweight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a fun day helen,enjoy.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Helen i am looking at it through google chrome and there is no jumping around anywhere on your page my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shez! I'm playing around with the settings now and moving a few things around. It's weird! the side bar doesn't jiggle if viewed thru Firefox or Safari!

      Delete
  4. Enjoy playing with your Featherwieght...

    Happy Birthday Helen. Hugz Maria 🎂

    ReplyDelete