I love to sew, mainly quilts and bags. I am 66, married to Fred and have one son, Matthew, who is 27. I enjoy embroidery and applique and prefer to machine piece and quilt my projects. I love my vintage Singer sewing machines especially my Featherweight 222K. I’m enjoying treadling on my 201K Singer and I collect Miniature Sewing Machines and currently have three Essex , one Singer 20, one Singer 40, two Vulcan Miniatures and my latest, a Grain. My love of sewing I believe comes from my Grandmother - I still have the drawings she made for me to embroider on tea towels many many years ago!

Monday 1 April 2013

NEWFO # 3

Firstly, I think I've fixed the photo debacle!!  I have no idea what happened, how it happened or why it happened but I have replaced the missing photos but didn't add the captions that may have been there before.  If you happen to be reading older posts on my blog and notice photos missing, please let me know:-)    Thanks!

Now onto my Newfo project for March.
Newfo # 3

I've been reading all about the Scrappy Trip Around The World quilt that EVERYONE seems to be making, so I've jumped on the bandwagon and will begin kitting up my quilt....


SOME OF THE STRIPS I HAVE ALREADY CUT
2-1/2" WIDTH
quickly snapped with my PhotoBooth, sorry about flash!
The pattern and fabric strips will go into this little pouch.


So that is my Newfo # 3 - March.  Linking up with Cat Patches ..  head on over to see all of the other Newfo's!!
Happy Sewing!!
Helen



9 comments :

  1. I love that round the world block. It will look great.
    I have a broken photo link in your post. I can see the strips but not the second photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have fun with your strippy quilt helen.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh the scrappy trips quilt will be awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got it sorted out. I have been so tempted by the scrappy trip too. I may have to jump in with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun projects! Thanks for linking up today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's such a fun quilt block... I have done a few but still have lots more to do... its a great way to use up long scrap pieces
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have already made one scrappy trips but I think I'm going to have to make another one. They are so much fun and very easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just may jumped in with you, love the trip around the world scrappy quilt, its next on my list, you will probably beat me though :) have fun!

    ReplyDelete