I love to sew, mainly quilts and bags. I am 66, married to Fred and have one son, Matthew, who is 27. I enjoy embroidery and applique and prefer to machine piece and quilt my projects. I love my vintage Singer sewing machines especially my Featherweight 222K. I’m enjoying treadling on my 201K Singer and I collect Miniature Sewing Machines and currently have three Essex , one Singer 20, one Singer 40, two Vulcan Miniatures and my latest, a Grain. My love of sewing I believe comes from my Grandmother - I still have the drawings she made for me to embroider on tea towels many many years ago!

Friday 9 November 2012

FARM QUILT ANYONE?

Continuing my "Let me tell you 'bout" series of quilts I have made.........


Over the years I have made a number of Farm quilts....  all the same pattern!

FARM QUILT FOR CHLOE

FARM QUILT FOR MUSIC




FARM QUILT FOR BRIDGET


This pattern is by Ella and Skysie and is called Farmyard Friends.

I enjoy making this one (as you can see!) as you can change it up a bit with different fabrics and colours of embroidery thread.  The first one (for Chloe) has the tiny applique patches as well, which is in the original pattern.

Little Maisy (my beautiful new great-niece born in February) will be receiving a Farm Quilt too..... I already have the embroidery done! I have bought the fabrics for the four patch blocks and sashing etc, just need to put it all together now!  I think this one will be a Christmas pressie for Maisy.



I really need to catch you up on the latest happenings here at Aunty Hennys, so will do a nice long post with pix over this weekend.  Just a quick note though...  Fred is doing so well following the liver operation!!  Just been for his check up with the Surgeon.

Chat again over the weekend!!

Happy Sewing,

Helen


6 comments :

  1. That's so great to hear Helen... look forward to reading more of what you've been up to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what good news about Fred and love those quilts Helen.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news about Fred...

    Sew many lovely Farmyard Quilts Helen..

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear that Fred is doing well.

    Love your little farm quilts and this one will be adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear all is well with you guys xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your farm quilts are just too stinking cute!

    Glad to hear things are on the upwards swing at your house.

    ReplyDelete