I love to sew, mainly quilts and bags. I am 66, married to Fred and have one son, Matthew, who is 27. I enjoy embroidery and applique and prefer to machine piece and quilt my projects. I love my vintage Singer sewing machines especially my Featherweight 222K. I’m enjoying treadling on my 201K Singer and I collect Miniature Sewing Machines and currently have three Essex , one Singer 20, one Singer 40, two Vulcan Miniatures and my latest, a Grain. My love of sewing I believe comes from my Grandmother - I still have the drawings she made for me to embroider on tea towels many many years ago!

Saturday 18 February 2012

BIRDS AND BIRTHDAYS!!







This photo taken with flash, the pink fabrics were very pretty.

Hello there!

My latest sewing.....  two round tableclothes with matching serviettes for little Bridget (my Great-Niece).  It is Bridget's birthday tomorrow but today she had a party at a childrens play centre which was lots of fun.    My sister (Bridget's grandmother) asked me to make some cloths for the little round table in Bridget's cubby house.  Naturally I had to go "all out" and put pom pom's around them!!  I also had to refresh my memory on how to do a rolled hem on my Overlocker (Serger) to make the serviettes.  Everything came out very nicely and I'm sure they will get lots of use in the cubby.

Some exciting news!!!   we have another baby Kookaburra!!     Yes, another baby Spike:-)     We knew there must be a baby bird as both Mr and Mrs Spike have been visiting us frequently and begging for more food and then taking it off "somewhere".  Well, this week the baby has finally made its' appearance!!  Cute as!!   I hope the video works above, the little baby bird makes the strangest sounds!

Today I am working on a project for the Tuesday Craft Group - we are using my Go Cutter to cut out Applique shapes and then we will make a little wall hanging or small quilt.   I'm doing some prep work here at home so we have more time on Tuesday to get the shapes ironed on and ready to embroider.

Happy Sewing!!

10 comments :

  1. the baby kookie is so sweet.... it was hard to hear but I could... lucky little niece to have such fancy cloths in her cubby house...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the video - poor Mum and Dad - all that work for food, and snatch!!
    Lovely cloth and napkins - lucky girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Video worked fine, baby Kookaburras are just the cutest. How lucky is it that your little niece has an Aunt as talented as you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what fun will be had in a certain cubby house. Perhaps you'll get an invite to high tea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute birds! Certainly something I will never see in New York! And I love the pompoms on the tablecloths. Very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tablecloths and napkins. What a lucky little great niece!
    Love the baby Kookaburra! It made me remember when my daughter (now 24) would watch the Barney show and there was a song on it about the kookaburras! Nice memory.
    RA

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure Bridget will be very happy with those lovely tablecloths and napkins for her cubby house. So fun to see the new baby Kookaburra.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the round tablecloths. I might have to use those ideas to make one for my kitchen table.
    Lillian @ lillianscupboard.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What cute table cloths! Love the pom-pom trim. Great gift!

    ReplyDelete