I love to sew, mainly quilts and bags. I am 66, married to Fred and have one son, Matthew, who is 27. I enjoy embroidery and applique and prefer to machine piece and quilt my projects. I love my vintage Singer sewing machines especially my Featherweight 222K. I’m enjoying treadling on my 201K Singer and I collect Miniature Sewing Machines and currently have three Essex , one Singer 20, one Singer 40, two Vulcan Miniatures and my latest, a Grain. My love of sewing I believe comes from my Grandmother - I still have the drawings she made for me to embroider on tea towels many many years ago!

Monday 31 October 2011

TIS THE SEASON

... TO STITCH!    

"TIS THE SEASON"  CHRISTMAS STITCHINGS   by   Natalie Bird (The Birdhouse Patchwork Designs).

I guess this project will be for Christmas 2012! as I only have two of the blocks finished so far, but I will continue to work on them for the next couple of months as they are very small and great to take "out to coffee".



Oh bother!!  forgot the door knob!  

I have one other Christmas item almost finished, will post a photo soon. 

Surprisingly little sewing being done at the moment.  I just don't know where the days go..... I just know they're GONE!

Oh, and in case you were wondering....... YES!!! I DID GO TO THE BRISBANE CRAFT SHOW... AND YES!  I DID BUY LOTS OF GOODIES..... some more dies for my go-cutter, naturally I bought just a "bit" (loud laughter here) of fabric, some new gadgets, quilt hangers and of course....... a new bag pattern (because I only have about a zillion of them and I needed one more!).  I'll try and get some photos and post about all the loveliness soon.

So my next post should be loaded with photos and of course, lots of finished projects (lots and lots of loud laughter here).

Well, it's time for one last cuppa, then off to bed.....

Happy Sewing!!


8 comments :

  1. Those Christmas blocks are so cute!!! They will still be cute for 2012 if they aren't done this year.

    I can't wait to see all of those finished projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks look good - you've made a great start -- and it isn't even December yet - so you never know, it could be a 2011 finish?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Christmas blocks. My goal was to make 4 more Christmas quilts this year for gifts but somehow it's almost November and I haven't even started them. Guess they'll be for 2010 also! What fun....can't wait to see all you purchased at the fair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently finished the TTS stitcheries and made them into a quilt. You're going to have so much fun making them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you get to do ANY stitching.. it's a good day/week. Love the little xmas stitcheries. Nice work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should join the stitch a long with Chooky they are doing it now, love your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Sweet. You do sound like me though, just about all of my Xmas projects are now for 2012.

    ReplyDelete