|Block # 37 Confederate Rose|
Just added my latest Civil War block to my Flickr site... Confederate Rose. The original pattern called for set in seams with pieces cut by template, but as I'm so far behind I decided to use the square in a square method. My block has pieced up to a perfect 8-1/2" square, but my photo has the seam allowance cropped. My stash of suitable fabrics is getting quite thin! Lucky for me, the dark outside triangles were already cut and in my scrap box! I found it difficult to find enough "rose" fabric but I'm happy with how this block looks. One day, when I have time, I will piece this block using the method given on the Civil War site.
One more week of our school holidays to go!! I have thoroughly enjoyed this first week (especially the bit where I went to the beach!!) and I have sewing days planned for this coming week plus I will take my Mum for a drive up to Bribie Island again, to visit with my sister. As my son is in Year 12, school holidays will soon be a thing of the past for me :-((( but then again, next year I won't have to do the dreaded morning drive for school drop off every day... now that DOES put a smile on my face:-)