I love to sew, mainly quilts and bags. I am 66, married to Fred and have one son, Matthew, who is 27. I enjoy embroidery and applique and prefer to machine piece and quilt my projects. I love my vintage Singer sewing machines especially my Featherweight 222K. I’m enjoying treadling on my 201K Singer and I collect Miniature Sewing Machines and currently have three Essex , one Singer 20, one Singer 40, two Vulcan Miniatures and my latest, a Grain. My love of sewing I believe comes from my Grandmother - I still have the drawings she made for me to embroider on tea towels many many years ago!

Friday 4 February 2011

MUG RUG PARCEL..... SENT!

MUG RUGS - WITH QUILTED LIST TAKER
READY TO SEND OVERSEAS

I have sent my parcel to my Mug Rug Swap partner.  I also put in a Quilted List Taker made with Australiana fabrics which included an Aussie notepad and pen plus bookmark.  My partner should receive the goodies within 10 days!

Our baby Kookaburra has been a frequent visitor and I have been able to get a little film with him/her having a go at the Kookaburra laugh........


This is my first attempt at uploading a video to my blog..... hope it works!  It's short but sweet:-)

Today our weather is unbearable!  Hot, hot, hot and HUMID,HUMID,HUMID - I can't describe what I'm wearing.... as in NOT wearing!  and the fan is on FULL BLAST!

Up in North Queensland the clean up begins.... what a terrible start to 2011 our Country is having.

Happy Sewing!!

3 comments :

  1. Well done Helen, lovely Mug Rugs.I have also popped my in the mail. Was a fun swap.

    How cute is the young Kookaburra.Needs a lot of practise before the laugh id good. LOL

    I know what you mean about HUMID. Even here it is horrible.

    What an awful job cleaning up after the cyclone. My heart goes out to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loevly mug rugs,Im sure your swap partner will be absolutely thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your partner is lucky, your mug rugs is superb, mine also leaves..... Best regards

    ReplyDelete