|First try.. I like my fabric choices, but|
my X is too narrow
(compared with the pattern)
|Success third time around! I like the proportions of this|
block. I downloaded the template which was made with EQ6 and then
I just did the measurements from that.
This block used a 4 1/2" square with 2 1/2" squares for the corners
to form the snowballs - there are 4 squares to the block.
I really enjoyed making this block.
MY HINTS AND TIPS FOR THIS ONE???
Well, I did find that precise pinning was a key point - I used my fork pins to match up all of the seams.
I used a "scant" 1/4" seam allowance.
I did not use any steam in my iron until the very last press.
I tried pressing my seams open in the construction stages for blocks 1 and 2, but found that pressing to one side resulted in a better fit by the time I made the 3rd block. I did press the final centre seam open.
All of my blocks came out the correct size.... 8 1/2" pieced for an 8" finish.
It's been a very, very HOT AND HUMID AND STICKY couple of days here in Brisbane.... I'm surprised that I did any sewing at all!!! It's kind of difficult keeping all the fabric where it belongs with the FAN on FULL BLAST!! Still, it was cooler in my sewing room than other rooms in my house!
Hopefully I will get out to my LQS and buy some fabric to start on the ROYAL CRITTERS quilt - I am almost finished all of the embroidery on my Keep Movin' quilt so I will need a new hand sewing project soon!