I love to sew, mainly quilts and bags. I am 66, married to Fred and have one son, Matthew, who is 27. I enjoy embroidery and applique and prefer to machine piece and quilt my projects. I love my vintage Singer sewing machines especially my Featherweight 222K. I’m enjoying treadling on my 201K Singer and I collect Miniature Sewing Machines and currently have three Essex , one Singer 20, one Singer 40, two Vulcan Miniatures and my latest, a Grain. My love of sewing I believe comes from my Grandmother - I still have the drawings she made for me to embroider on tea towels many many years ago!

Thursday 16 December 2010

CHRISTMAS QUILT

HOLLY JOLLY CHRISTMAS
Pattern from Australian Homespun Magazine

I have entered my Holly Jolly Christmas quilt in this weeks "WEEKLY THEMED CONTEST" at Quilters Gallery.  Voting starts Friday December 17th.  If you click on the link in my side bar, that will take you to the voting page.  Scroll down to where the quilts are listed with a circle where you have to click on to vote.  If you don't find the list of quilts, then that means voting has not yet started. To see more photos of this quilt, go to my Picasa gallery or click here then scroll through.  

Thanks "AROUND THE BLOCK QUILTING SHOP" for sponsoring this weeks comp and donating two $30 gift certificates to spend in their "online" quilt shop!!

Thanks everyone!!

Happy Sewing!


music:  Holly Jolly Christmas (click on link to view and hear)




10 comments :

  1. I do like this quilt...especially the "HO HO HO". The border really adds a lot of interest to the quilt. What a fun pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quilt....will go right over

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very cute. I'll be sure to vote tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely christmas quilt.

    Will pop over and vote on Friday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Christmas quilt and have enjoyed looking through your photo's thanks for posting them

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh! That's lovely - I'll vote tomorrow, promise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Helen your quilt is lovely. I am off to vote.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your quilt! I love Christmas quilts. Very nice. Now I am going to go and vote!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Luck. I love this quilt. I will vote tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Helen - Your quilt is darling!! I tried to vote but it looks like the voting is closed!! Hope you win!!! Kris

    ReplyDelete