Really...... I mean "sewing on the net" as in the tulle skirt around the Ballerina Bag!! I guess the only thing to say is that "I did learn a lot from doing this"!! First thing I learnt is that "I do not like sewing on net!!" but it's on now and done! Not perfect, but good enough! Second thing I learnt is that "I really should follow ALL of the instructions and not make it up as I go along!!"
So, the Ballerina Bag is finished - all but a pretty button or brooch for the front, which I'll pop out tomorrow and buy - something glitzy and sparkly!
Next item on the list to finish is the poor dolly, still waiting beside my chair - only a few stitches to do! Later today, when I'm watching a bit of tele!
As I mentioned in my previous Post.... Cheryll has awarded me the "Versatile Blogger" Award and now I have to tell you 7 things about myself..........
- I'm married to Fred (26 years this December) and we have one son, Matt - he will be 17 next January. Fred & I married late and then had our baby late so now we are retired but with a teenager!
- I was born & raised in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia and had never been out of the Country until I married and we were sent up to Papua New Guinea with Fred's work. Following PNG we moved to Samoa - a place we just loved and it was in Samoa that I learnt to quilt!
- I should be able to sew with my eyes shut!! as my Mum sewed everything I wore as a child and teenager and I often watched her but never took up sewing until many years later - how I wish I had taken more notice!! I now sew just about every day! and love it!
- Many years ago my craft was Hobbytex painting, tee-shirt applique (the old painted around kind) and cross-stitch. Thank goodness I learnt how to quilt!
- I live in a beautiful home, up high in the hills surrounding Brisbane. I'm in my own little world up here. Once Matt is finished high school, Fred and I will retire to our "other" home, up north at Elliott Heads.
- Favourite sport? I should play tennis every day... we have a court here at our home but I guess I always choose sewing over tennis! So sewing is my favourite "sport" :-)
- I absolutely L.O.V.E. old country music. I play cd's every day, especially when I sew. All through my teens and now well into my 50's I have loved Dean Martin - and always will! Jim Reeves is another favourite as well as Patsy Cline and.......... oh, the list just goes on and on!
So that's "all about me"!
Well, that dolly isn't going to finish her own sewing so I had better get moving!! You should see a photo of one plump dolly here very soon!!