I love to sew, mainly quilts and bags. I am 66, married to Fred and have one son, Matthew, who is 27. I enjoy embroidery and applique and prefer to machine piece and quilt my projects. I love my vintage Singer sewing machines especially my Featherweight 222K. I’m enjoying treadling on my 201K Singer and I collect Miniature Sewing Machines and currently have three Essex , one Singer 20, one Singer 40, two Vulcan Miniatures and my latest, a Grain. My love of sewing I believe comes from my Grandmother - I still have the drawings she made for me to embroider on tea towels many many years ago!

Sunday 2 May 2010

AND THE RED RED ROBIN GOES BOB, BOB, BOBBIN.....


how do you put a scream on paper... AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH, will that do??

I commenced the quilting this afternoon and I have been having constant issues.... breaking needle thread, breaking bobbin thread, tangles..... the whole box and dice! Yep, changed needles, cleaned everything, yep... rethreaded the whole darn thing, discovered I did not have the spool cap on so figured that had been the problem.... but NOoooooo, that wasn't it....... then I thought "what about the actual bobbin?", so I took out a brand new bobbin, wound it and put it in the machine.... and so far, so good. What can I tell you? I guess you just have to TRY EVERYTHING when these things happen.

I forgot to show you the backing fabric....... I can't believe I chose this, but it really does go with the quilt top!!


and just one tip for the day... I don't think I have ever mentioned that I L.O.V.E. my Kwik Klip.
I just cannot close quilting pins any other way! If you haven't used one before, borrow one and try it and I'm sure you will be sold!

It's a long weekend here, MH and I went out to Fernvale Markets today - nice drive, nothing too exciting to buy - stopped at a roadside park for a cup of tea, then back home again.

Well, time for a little more quilting, then a nice cuppa (yes, we drink a LOT of tea!) and off to bed to read my latest Patchwork magazine.

Happy Sewing!

4 comments :

  1. Nothings worst than a machine that gives you nothing but trouble, its soooooo frustrating, but you seem to have worked it out, well done.
    Your quilt is working out fine I love the colours its so modern.

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How frustrating! Sometimes I have to walk away for a few minutes and come back not so discombobulated. The backing is perfect...bright and cheerful just like the quilt top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate when that happens! Then, mysteriously it is fine! Tell me more about the kwik klp- never heard about it

    ReplyDelete
  4. On days like that I wonder why I ever sew! Glad things have finally settled down for you with that gorgeous quilt.

    ReplyDelete