I love to sew, mainly quilts and bags. I am 66, married to Fred and have one son, Matthew, who is 27. I enjoy embroidery and applique and prefer to machine piece and quilt my projects. I love my vintage Singer sewing machines especially my Featherweight 222K. I’m enjoying treadling on my 201K Singer and I collect Miniature Sewing Machines and currently have three Essex , one Singer 20, one Singer 40, two Vulcan Miniatures and my latest, a Grain. My love of sewing I believe comes from my Grandmother - I still have the drawings she made for me to embroider on tea towels many many years ago!

Monday 4 January 2021

THERE GOES CHRISTMAS


Hello!

I had planned on posting before Christmas but that didn’t happen....... so here I am January 4th 2021!

I’ll catch up with my Christmas sewing.......

Lots of pillow slips.....sorry the photos won’t go where I want them to go.   Blogger just doesn’t work well on iPad .....
 

   

I did a few appliqué tee shirts of course!
.


A good friend gifted me a box of Singer attachments so I made her granddaughter an appliqué tee shirt using one of the Paper Dolls from Red Boot Quilts 


My STASHBUSTER 2020 quilts

I found the turtle blocks that I appliqued a couple of years ago! Now they’re quilted and I’m up to the binding🙂

Another little sewing table. I love these tables...this one I found down in New South Wales quite close to where my sister lives. My sister collected it for me and sent it up in the back seat of her partners car when he came up late in the year (borders were open at the time). 

Yes, another SIGGY for my collection.  

This is as far as I went for Christmas, didn’t even do a tree!

A new make! Fabric bookmarks🙂


These are so quick to sew!



More pillow slips 





A little pin cushion for my great-niece (I put a piece
of hard plastic in the back of it to stop pins going through and
stabbing her🙂
Cheers from Helen
Happy Sewing!

2 comments :

  1. You were busy!!!! Thanks for the great idea of the book corners!!! I’m going to be making some for my friends and myself. Super easy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really accomplished a lot of fun little projects for Christmas. Love your sewing table! Happy 2021.

    ReplyDelete