I love to sew, mainly quilts and bags. I am 66, married to Fred and have one son, Matthew, who is 27. I enjoy embroidery and applique and prefer to machine piece and quilt my projects. I love my vintage Singer sewing machines especially my Featherweight 222K. I’m enjoying treadling on my 201K Singer and I collect Miniature Sewing Machines and currently have three Essex , one Singer 20, one Singer 40, two Vulcan Miniatures and my latest, a Grain. My love of sewing I believe comes from my Grandmother - I still have the drawings she made for me to embroider on tea towels many many years ago!

Tuesday 13 October 2020

PLAYING WITH PAPER DOLLS...

 

Hello !

Well suddenly it’s mid October ... and I have been in a sewing slump so I don’t have too much to show...

I did purchase a wonderful vintage book recently ...

,




A lovely SIGGY block arrived all the way from Texas, USA.  Surprisingly my return SIGGY arrived in Texas ... taking only three weeks.  

We spent a glorious few days at our unit in Surfers Paradise to celebrate my 65th birthday,  the weather was warm so we went swimming every day....


A “paper doll” machine appliqué tee shirt ...  I’m still playing with different stabilisers and techniques in starting and stopping the stitching.... my machine has a lock stitch but I find it’s a bit untidy and leaves a small lump where it stitches in place.      The paper doll pattern is a sew along by The Red Boot Quilt Company. 



So that’s all for now, I’m slowly getting back into some sewing so I do hope to have a lot of show and tell by the next Post. 

Happy sewing!
Cheers,
Helen





2 comments :

  1. The vintage book is lovely.
    Nice to be able to have a nice get away for your BD..
    Sweet Paper Doll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday! It seems many of us are in sewing slumps lately. Cute paper doll project!

    ReplyDelete